STRATEGIC NEWS MANAGEMENT
If you look at traditional vehicles for how News is published and circulated to stakeholders in a modern enterprise, three common solutions surface to the top: Internal Intranet Sites, Email, and Corporate Portals.
- With the Intranet sites, you have the problem that news must be created using HTML web development tools, where the output needs to be deployed and managed to the Intranet site. In this case, only people that have the appropriate privileges and access can do so. By the time the News gets created and published, there is a high probability that it no longer is new News but rather old news.
- With Email, you have the problem that in order to disseminate news you have to target everyone in the organization, creating email SPAM that will, in turn, cause more SPAM, as stakeholders respond to and forward the News and related dialogue throughout the enterprise. The net result is an unwanted increase in storage costs.
- With Corporate Portals, you're dealing with expensive point solutions that typically require some level of development to facilitate the publishing of News Portlets that can be used to allow stakeholders the ability to pick and choose the types of News they're interested in.
As a result, managing enterprise News is costly, slow, and ultimately ineffective, as users can rarely find and search through News archives when looking for relevant information they need in order to perform their work.
KnowIT as a Strategic News Management Platform
- With KnowIT, your enterprise can now:
- Easily create and publish News at the click of a button
- Correlate News to relevant entities in your enterprise, such as Products, Services, Organizations, Resources, and much more
- Search through News using simple text based search features or advanced attribute based search features
- See audit histories associated with changes to News related information
- Eliminate the unnecessary costs associated with storage and development that come with more traditional solutions
With KnowIT, your enterprise can now move into the future and experience the handling of News in efficient and effective manners that will help tie world-wide stakeholders and organizations together, eliminating the need for dedicated and costly point solutions that don't integrate well with other relevant systems. For more information, please contact Sales@TraverseIT.com