KnowIT: THE ENTERPRISE CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT DATABASE (CMDB)
You're a growing enterprise and you're starting to take on a great deal responsibility for managing your IT operations. Your critical data, such as Assets, Products, Employees, Customers, Vendors, Documentation, and so much more, is spread across many incompatible systems you've purchased, over the years. They told you these systems were "best of breed". Now you own the best of everything and nothing ties together. As a result:
- You need world class inventory solutions for managing your operational data that allows you to inventory and track all data entities and tie them all together
- You need an industry standard IT data model for managing your data, that allows for the tracking of relationships and dependencies across all your data
- You need a system that helps provide you with strategic views of your operations
- You need a way of keeping your operational data fresh, as it's critical for day-to-day operations, and traditional repositories don't cut it
- You decide it's time for a CMDB...
You put it all together and it adds up to money, lots of it!
Your enterprise needs an industry standard CMDB and wants to build one, itself. What does this mean?
- You need to spend thousands of hours designing a standard IT data model
- To do so, you'll need expensive data modeling experts and database experts
- You'll need to build an advanced and usable distributed application around your CMDB, allowing you to create, manage, and report on everything that's going on in your enterprise
- To do so, you'll need expensive distributed application design experts who understand this space as experts
- This means thousands more hours of design and development
- Once it's done, you will need to keep enhancing it, over time, to meet all new industry challenges, imposed on your enterprise
- This means your expensive staff will have to stay on to maintain it's growth, permanently
- What's worse is that whenever you ask your staff what they need in a CMDB to provide true Configuration Management, everyone's definition and requirements are different!
How do you create such a system, knowing you're not geared or funded to do so?
KnowIT is an out-of-the-box Configuration Management Database (CMDB) with one major difference from all the others you'll ever look at... It truly has everything in one system! See what it means to have all your data in one system, where all relationships between data entities are clear and easy to track and expose. Why build out individual point solutions for all your different IT Operational process areas only to have to build one more system to integrate them all together when you can build one that does it all?